I have filed for the Lawrence County Sheriff in the 2022 election as a Republican candidate. I am a lifelong resident of Lawrence County. I was raised in Alicia and moved to Walnut Ridge after graduating high school. Sherri and I have been together for over 22 years. We have two daughters, Makayla (Chris) Raney and our grandson Hunter Dean, and Candice (Evan) Wilons and our granddaughter Solee. Sherri and I still reside in Walnut Ridge with our German Shepard Ana.
I started my law enforcement career with Walnut Ridge Police Department in the late 2000 as a patrolman. I have also worked part time for Hoxie and Black Rock Police Department and fulltime as Patrol Sargent for Cherokee Village Police Department. In 2011 I got the honor of coming back to Walnut Ridge as the Police Chief.
If elected Sheriff I will:
• Be a working Sheriff, working as a team with the deputies and jail staff
• See that all resources are available to the Sheriff’s office are utilized in solving cases and or working accidents, or other emergency situations. This included other law enforcement agencies (local, state and federal).
• Be meeting with the Lawrence County Constables and start using them to assist our Deputies until they can arrive on scene.
• See that we apply for all grants that are available for the Sheriff’s Office and County Jails, to help offset cost to the County.
• Take the time to speak or meet with the citizens to hear your concerns.
• Be utilizing the current Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office social media page
to keep you the citizens updated on activities throughout the week.
• Work with the County Judge and quorum court to improve and upgrade the county radios for law, fire, and medical and consoles for the 911 center. This equipment is the lifeline between all emergency personnel and the dispatch center.
• Be working on getting the 309 program back in our county. This program allows state inmates with minimum security to complete their prison terms in county jails. In return it will assist the Sheriff’s office with manpower while saving the County local dollars.
• Work hard to get a work release program for our county inmates with minimum security/nonviolent offenses started in Lawrence County.
• Be working with our local minsters to create a new policy that allows ministers to visit the inmates.
I would appreciate your support in the May Primary election.
You may contact me at any time with questions by calling my cell @ 870-809-0700 or message me on Facebook @ Richy Thatcher for Lawrence County Sheriff.
Let’s put the “LAW” back in Lawrence County. “Together we Can”
Thank you, Richy Thatcher