Wednesday, August 11th, 2021 COVID-19 update provided by the ADH logged an additional 2,940 cases today, with total active cases at 24,215. 20 more lives of Arkansans have been lost to COVID with 6,366 deaths in total since the beginning of the pandemic in 2020. Hospitalizations rose by 11 with 1,446 currently in the hospital due to Covid and 296 are now on ventilators with 2 more added today.
Active Cases by County
Baxter -406 cases
Clay -96 cases
Craighead -1,093 cases
Fulton -79 cases
Greene -478 cases
Independence -339 cases
Izard -99 cases
Jackson -123 cases
Lawrence -107 cases
Randolph -76 cases
Sharp -189 cases
The CDC has all counties in Arkansas listed as HIGH level of community transmission.
To protect yourself and others, the ADH recommends:
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Practice physical distancing. Avoid close contact with others, especially those who are sick, by keeping at least 6 feet between you and others.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 or develop a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, seek testing. Testing is available in many locations, including ADH Local Health Units.
- It is recommended to wear a face-covering in all indoor public settings in areas of substantial or high transmission, whether you are vaccinated or not vaccinated. All areas of Arkansas currently have substantial or high transmission. Click here to read the recommendations.