A 51 year old man working at Martin Marietta Corp was nearly electrocuted, after he was hit with more than 400 volts around 2 pm on Wednesday.

The quick response of the Black Rock Police, Black Rock Fire and Imboden Fire Department along with several fellow employees changed what looked to be a grim outcome. Responders arrived to find a lifeless male not responding or breathing. CPR had been started as an AED was hooked up the patient. After delivering two shocks and continued chest compressions the medical responders had a pulse and blood pressure. An ambulance arrived moved the patient to a landing zone where a helicopter was waiting. At the time of the flight the male was breathing on his own, responsive, alert, and talking.

He was flown to St. Bernard’s Medical Center. The accident is being investigated.