U.S. households are now eligible to order 4 at home COVID-19 tests completely free.
The government website launched early on Tuesday.
Go to the above website to order your free at home tests. Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days. Citizens are urged to order tests now so you will have them when needed.
The tests available for order:
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 30 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether or not you have COVID-â 19 symptoms
- Work whether or not you are up to date on your COVID-â 19 vaccines
- Are also referred to self-tests or over-the-counter (OTC) tests
When to Take an at-â home test:
- If you begin having COVID-â 19 symptoms like fever, sore throat, runny nose, or loss of taste or smell, or
- At least 5 days after you come into close contact with someone with COVID-â 19, or
- When youâ€™re going to gather with a group of people, especially those who are at risk of severe disease or may not be up to date on their COVID-â 19 vaccines.
What if you test Positive?
A positive at-â home test result means that the test found the virus, and you very likely have COVID-â 19.
If you test positive on your at-â home test, follow the latest CDC guidance for isolation.
What if you test Negative?
A negative at-â home test result means that the test did not find the virus, and you may have a lower risk of spreading COVID-19 to others. Check your test kitâ€™s instructions for specific next steps. If you test negative, you should test again within a few days with at least 24 hours between tests.
If you test negative, follow the latest CDC guidance for self-â testing.