4,308 new cases were noted by the Arkansas Department of Health on Sunday, January 9th 2022. That brings the total of current active cases to 59, 579. 40 new hospitalizations bring the total of those currently hospitalized to 1,010. 9 additional deaths.
The CDC recommends the following in regards to using masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Who Should Wear a Mask?
- People, including children older than 2, should wear a mask in indoor public places if they are:
- Not fully vaccinated
- Fully vaccinated and in an area with substantial or high transmission
- Fully vaccinated and with weakened immune systems
- In general, you do not need to wear a mask in outdoor settings.
- In areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases, consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings and for activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.