The Arkansas Department Of Health today announced an additional 2,890 cases bringing the total number of active cases to 22,814 statewide.
An additional 35 deaths were reported on Wednesday bringing the death toll to 6,969 since the pandemic began in 2020.
Hospitalizations increased by 101 to 1,313.
Patients on ventilators decreased by 31 to 357.
Active cases by county in our area:
Baxter County 213 active cases
Clay County 155 active cases
Craighead County 1,236 active cases
Fulton County 44 active cases
Greene County 659 active cases
Independence County 270 active cases
Izard County 63 active cases
Jackson County 104 active cases
Lawrence County 175 active cases
Poinsett County 288 active cases
Randolph County 165 active cases
Sharp County 110 active cases
All information provided by the Arkansas Department Of Health
To protect yourself and others, the ADH recommends:
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Practice physical distancing. Avoid close contact with others, especially those who are sick, by keeping at least 6 feet between you and others.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 or develop a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, seek testing. Testing is available in many locations, including ADH Local Health Units.
- It is recommended to wear a face-covering in all indoor public settings in areas of substantial or high transmission, whether you are vaccinated or not vaccinated. All areas of Arkansas currently have substantial or high transmission. Click here to read the recommendations.