At 6:25 pm Lawrence County Dispatch received a 911 call reporting an explosion at a residence on the 600 block of Lawrence 219.
Black Rock Fire Department, Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office, AET ambulance, and the Lawrence County Office of Emergency Services responded to the residence. Witnesses stated hearing and seeing a large explosion, when units arrived on scene the home was totally destroyed.
Responders discovered that the resident was not at home during the explosion and fire. The homeowner arrived at the scene shortly after the fire units.
It is believed that the cause of the fire was a propane gas leak. According to the homeowner, one pet inside the residence was killed.