Sloan-Hendrix PTE MeetingÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â November 18, 2013
Amanda Stallings, President
Terri Smith, Treasure
Kristie Stallings, Secretary
7 Sloan-Hendrix Teachers/Aids of which 6 have childrenÂ attending Sloan-Hendrix: 1 Parent
The meeting was moved to the Parent-Center. The meetingÂ was called to order by President, Amanda Stallings at 6:20pm.
Kristie Stallings read the minutes from the previousÂ meeting: All approved.
1. Outdoor Classroom Project
- Mrs. Adams suggested the community businesses and school clubs adopt a section of the outdoor classroom.Â Â This would help with not only development of the site, but with theÂ Â maintenance as well.
- A December deadline for a grant is closing in.
- An outdoor classroom survey was sent out to the entireÂ Â school. 8 teachers returned the form.
- Candi Yarbro mentioned the county having free mulch.
- A motion was made by Amanda Stallings: Seconded by Terri Smith for Article 2 and 3 in the bi-laws to be as followed
- Article 2 â€“ Purpose
This non-profit organization was established forÂ the purpose of supporting the Sloan-Hendrix Public Schools by buildingÂ relationships with parents, and teachers to better prepare Sloan-HendrixÂ students for the future.
- Article 3 â€“ Members
Section 1. Any parent, guardian or other adult involvedÂ in a studentâ€™s life at the school may be a member and shall have votingÂ rights. Any member of the Sloan-Hendrix Public Schools staff and facultyÂ may be a member and shall have voting rights.
Section 2. Dues, if any will be established by theÂ active officers, which include the President, Vice President, Treasure,Â and Secretary. If dues are charged, the member must have paid the duesÂ at the previous meeting to have a voting right. Only paid members willÂ have a right to vote.
3. Playground Carports
- Proposed carport at the elementary playground.
- We will vote on this in January, when we have moreÂ Â information. We are in need of prices. Suggested: Imboden Feed Store for pricing.
- Sell ornaments to raise our part in the Kindergarten PlaygroundÂ Â Carport.
- It was suggested to use funds from Terra Cycle in the spring for part of a carportÂ Â as well.
4. Elementary Trees
- Mrs. Duncanâ€™s Class planted a crab apple tree with the money fromÂ Â the PTE. The tree has been named Miss Crabby Apple.
- Signature Fundraising Spring Packet and a Movie NightÂ Â Packet came through mail
- Both looked at by the members.
- It was decided not to use Signature Fundraising dueÂ Â to the similarities in last yearâ€™s spring packet.
- Pom Poms: Melanie Stephens, Chris Murphy, and Amanda Stallings sold pom poms at the Homecoming basketball game. Melanie Stephens volunteered to sell pom poms onÂ Â Mon. Nov.18th at the home basketball game.
1. Canned Food Drive
- The annual food drive for the school will take placeÂ Â from November 18th â€“November 23rd.
- The cans collected from the PTE Food Drive will beÂ Â added to this collection.
2. December Meeting
- Discuss our yearly progress.
3. Ornament Sale
- Money will be used for a carport in the kindergartenÂ Â playground
- Pre-order flyers can go out asap
- Motion made by Terri Smith: Seconded by Cheryl Hufstedler to sale the ornaments and to price them at $5.
- The gutters attached to the preschool and the computer lab is in need of repair. Water spills on to the walkway that is supposed to protect the students during the rain.
- It was decided that the PTE needed to determine aÂ Â cost on the gutter project.
- Mr. Ring will use his contacts to determine a cost.
- Amanda Stallings will take individual votes fromÂ Â the members present at this meeting concerning this project when a price is giving so it could possibly be done during Christmas Break.
5. Motion Lights
- A motion was made by Tammie Bradley: Seconded byÂ Â Bobbie Duncan to purchase two motion lights for the outside of the ParentÂ Â Center.
Meeting adjourned 6:48pm
Before the business portion of the meeting, PTE MembersÂ organized the closets in the parent center. The closets are very organizedÂ and spaces now. Thank you.
Next Meeting; December 16th 2013 in Sloan-HendrixÂ Library at 6pm, Vice President April Rainwater will manage this meeting.