On July 27, 2013 the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office arrested Colton Bennett (20) of Walnut Ridge for DWI and Battery in the second degree. The arrest comes from an accident involving Bennett running over his girlfriend with his truck after an altercation between the two. Bennett’s girlfriend was flown to the Med in Memphis with multiple injuries. Deputies responded to the call and immediately noticed the strong odor of intoxicants on Bennett. Bennett was placed under arrest and transported to the Lawrence County Jail. At the jail Bennett was given a BAC test which showed him to be well above the legal limit. Bennett told deputies about how he and his girlfriend had gotten into an argument out on County Rd 431. Bennett kicked out the girlfriend on the side of the road. Bennett drove off but then turned around to go and find the girlfriend. As Bennett was returning to where he had kicked out his girlfriend, he struck her with the vehicle. A further check of Bennett showed him to be on probation. Bennett is currently in the Lawrence County Jail awaiting a bond hearing. For more information on the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department visit www.lawrencecountysheriffsoffice.com .
Breaking News & Announcements
Share this website!
Click to visit these links!
- Arkansas State Firefighters Association
- Black River Bottoms Guide Service
- Bobbie Jean Memorial Library
- Hi-Spec Tooling
- Imboden Area Charter School
- Imboden United Methodist Church
- Lawrence County Cooperative School
- Lawrence County Library
- Lawrence County Sheriff's Office
- Lawrence County, Arkansas
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Local Business Directory
- Local Community Directory
- Musician Mike Mcleod
- Official City of Imboden Website
- Walnut Ridge Fire Department
- Walnut Ridge Regional Airport
- Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
- Wells Realty