Town of Imboden Council MeetingÂ Minutes for June 10, 2013
- CallÂ Â to order-Mayor Gene Dearen called to order the regular meeting of the Imboden City Council on June 10, .2013 at 7:00 PM at the Imboden Fire Station.
- RollÂ Â call- Mayor- Recorder-Treasurer Jones conducted a roll call. The following persons were present: Recorder-Treasurer Steve Jones, Alderman Joe Chappell, Rebecca Jones, Dan Matthews, and Doug Swink. Nick Bagwell, Streets/Parks Superintendent and Ryan Cooper, City Attorney.Â Also in attendance was Bob Glass from the Ozark Journal, Kay Bradford and Mrs. Anita Davidson.
- ApprovalÂ Â of minutes from last meeting-Recorder-Treasurer Jones gave each member present a copy of the minutes from the May 13, 2013 meeting. The minutes were approved as presented on a motion made by Joe Chappell and seconded by Doug Swink. Vote was four for and none against.
- FinancialÂ Â Statement and Monthly expenditures were approved.- Recorder-Treasurer Jones gave each member present a copy of the May 31, 2013 financial statements and monthly expenditures from the General Fund, FireÂ Â Department, Water and Sewer Revenue, and Street Department. They wereÂ Â approved as presented on a motion made by Doug Swink and seconded by Rebecca Jones. Vote was four for and none against.
- OldÂ Â Business
- Rebecca Jones reported on the implementation of the animal control,Â Â Â Â ordinance.
- Rebecca Jones reported thatÂ Â Â Â letters for registration on Occupation Ordinances were mailed and a report would be made at the next council meeting on receivedÂ Â Â Â registrations.
- Recorder-Treasurer Jones informed council that a clean-up letter had been sent to property owner ofÂ Â Â Â home of Fair Park Drive.
- WaterÂ Â and Sewer Report-Water and Sewer Report was given by Nick Bagwell in absence of Terry Smith, Water/Wastewater Superintendent was absent because of illness.
- AnimalÂ Â Control Report-Nick Bagwell reported that he has picked up eight dogs and five cats since last meeting.
- NewÂ Â Business
- Recorder-Treasurer Jones reportedÂ Â Â Â that Fire Chief Chris Jones had asked him to inform the council that the Imboden Volunteer fire Department would not participate in fireworks shooting on July 4th because of liability issues and delay in filing permit for the shooting.Â He also reported that Chief Jones said that the issue would be reviewed in time for plan to be made for a fireworks display on July 4, 2014.
- Recorder-Treasurer Jones reportedÂ Â Â Â that Atlas Asphalt had been contacted about a starting date of the townâ€™s paving project and that it should be within the next 30 to 60 days. He also stated that Arkansas State Highway Department Engineers had surveyed the streets to be paved under the State of Arkansas grant program for city streets.Â The following streets were accepted:
Main Street for 1st Street south to Harding Creak Bridge
West 4th Street from Main to GreyhoundÂ Circle
Greyhound Circle form Highway 115 to Sloan-HendrixÂ School
North Walnut from 1st Street to Hwy 63
The following streets were not accepted:
East 4th Street from Walnut to Elm (too narrow)
South Main from South end of Harding Creek BridgeÂ to end of
pavement.Â (cost of bridge study too much)
Cost of the project if approvedÂ will be approximately $170,000 to $180,000 and State Highway Department will take care of biding and everythingÂ else involved in the project.Â There will be no cost to Town ofÂ Imboden if approved.Â Town should be notified of status beforeÂ end of summer.
- Â Recorder-Treasurer Jones reported that a lease agreement had been executed with the Arkansas Forestry Department for two years for lease of Forestry office in fire station at same rate. ($325.00 per month)
- Mrs. Anita Davidson addressed the council about problems with drainageÂ Â Â Â ditch in front of her property on Georgia Street.Â Street Superintendent Bagwell informed Mrs. Davidson that he would meet with her immediately to see what needs to be done to fix the problem.
- Bagwell informed the council that street signs were being stolen as fast as he could put them up.Â On a motion made by Dam Matthews and seconded by Joe Chappell it was proposed that a notice be placed inÂ the local newspaperÂ for a $100 reward for informationÂ Â leading to the conviction ofÂ person(s) stealing signs,Â Vote was four for and none against to approve the motion
- Alderman Doug Swink informed the council that he is resigning effectiveÂ the end of this meeting because he is moving to Batesville.Â Mayor Dearen thanked him for his service to the Town of Imboden and accepted his resignation,
Mayor Dearen adjourned the meeting at 7:30 PM and announced thatÂ the next meeting would be held in the Imboden Fire Station at 7:00 PMÂ on July 8, 2013.
MinutesÂ submitted by: Stephen E. Jones-Recorder Treasurer
MinutesÂ approved by: Gene Dearen-Mayor