An Imboden man was injured in a lawnmower fire at a residence on Tuesday. The Lawrence County Dispatch Center received a 911 call at 3:52 pm from a motorist stating a man at a residence at Georgia Street and Hwy 63 had been injured.


The Imboden Volunteer Fire Department and AET Ambulance of Imboden were paged to the scene, firefighters and medics were on scene in minutes.


Once on scene, it appeared the victim did not receive any burns but was injured in an apparent fall while exiting from the burning mower. The male victim was transported to an area hospital by AET Ambulance for further evaluation of his injuries.


The mower received extensive damage from the fire. For more information on AET Ambulance and the Imboden Volunteer Fire Department, visit their sites at and .