Officials from the Pocahontas Police Department are now saying the deaths of two people in a house fire at 709 Mason Street in Pocahontas are not being investigated as homicides.

Earlier reports stated that the bodies were being sent to the State Medical Examiners Office for possible investigation. Authorities are now saying the cause of death for George Jackson and Nancy Hafner is smoke inhalation. It’s believed by authorities that the fire was caused by electrical in the aging home, the home was estimated to be 70 years old.

The bodies were found after the Pocahontas Fire Department put out a fire at the residence, authorities also stated that no arson was suspected.

%d bloggers like this: