Heat exhaustion played a big part in a house fire that started late in the evening on July 4th. Lawrence County Dispatch paged the Walnut Ridge Fire Department to a structure fire on NW 3rd Street in Walnut Ridge. The fire was described as “especially hard to contain” by Walnut Ridge Fire Chief Frank Owens due to recent construction at the vacant home.
Two firefighters were sent to Lawrence Memorial Hospital to receive treatment for heat exhaustion, AET Ambulance was on scene to assist firefighters.

Firemen from Hoxie, Alicia, Black Rock, Clover Bend, Portia, Imboden and Sedgwick were on scene to assist Walnut Ridge with manpower.

The Walnut Ridge Fire Department stated that no one was in the home at the time of the fire. Imboden assisted with the “Mobile Air Support” Unit which refills the Self Contained Breathing Apparatus used by firemen.

For more information on the Imboden Volunteer Fire Department visit the City of Imboden’s Website at www.imbodenarkansas.com.

For more information on the Walnut Ridge Fire Department you can visit their website at www.walnutridgefd.com .

%d bloggers like this: